melissawritergrrlreads

Jeannette Walls
The Eternity Cure
Julie Kagawa

Sweethearts

Sweethearts - Sara Zarr There has been so much gushing love for Sara Zarr, especially in some of the end-of-year book surveys that I've been reading over the last month. So I thought what-the-heck, and put a book on hold at the library to give her a shot. And WOW. If I learned one lesson from this experience, it's this: when you see multiple bloggers gushing about a particular writer, especially bloggers whose opinions you know and trust, RUN to the library/bookstore to see what the fuss is all about!This story was just so charming and sweet that I gobbled it up in just over a day. I loved the relationship between Jennifer and Cameron, who hadn't seen each other in years, and then fell back into each others' lives suddenly. Their story was heartwarming, and just a little bit sad, and just perfect all over. Sometimes a book tries too hard to be sentimental and lovey (and I'm a hopeless romantic, so I can handle some serious sappiness), but this book just walked the line between being realistic and over-the-top SO WELL. I felt like these two weren't characters in a book, but rather were two real people that I came to know quite well over the course of the book. This definitely will not be my last venture into the wonderful world of Sara Zarr -- I'm hooked.