melissawritergrrlreads

Jeannette Walls
The Eternity Cure
Julie Kagawa

Between the Lines

Between the Lines - Jodi Picoult, Samantha van Leer I was really on the fence about this one to begin with. I love Jodi Picoult's writing, and have loved all of the books that I have read thus far. With that being said, I also find her writing style to be somewhat formulaic, so I'm careful not to read more than one of her books in a row, otherwise I'm able to predict the twist at the end, rather than being surprised. The plus side to reading through her work slowly is that I haven't run out of unread titles just yet!I'm not usually a big fan of co-written novels, since I prefer to read just one writer's voice, but I was intrigued by both the subject material and the fact that she wrote this one with her daughter. I have a love-hate relationship with the House of Night novels, which are also co-written by a mother-daughter team, so I thought I'd give this one a shot. And it's a Picoult book, so it can't be bad, right? Wrong.I just found it to be so BORING and only made it forty or so pages into the story before I gave up. I didn't like the characters, and found the writing to be quite childish. Perhaps Jodi let her daughter take too much of the lead on this one, knowing that it would still sell well because it has her name on it? I'm not sure. All I know is that it definitely wasn't living up to my expectations, so I returned it to the library.