melissawritergrrlreads

Jeannette Walls
The Eternity Cure
Julie Kagawa

How to Save a Life

How to Save a Life - After I read Sweethearts in almost one sitting over the Christmas holidays, I was excited to read another Sara Zarr book -- and this one had received great reviews too. I listened to this one on audio as I drove to and from work for my last couple of weeks, which was great as it still gave me an opportunity to read when I wasn't reading much in the way of print books, due to my tingly fingers. I loved everything about this story. The characters were amazing and the narration on the audiobook was phenomenal (I absolutely LOVE when audiobooks use a different narrator for each voice in the story and Mandy and Jill were each narrated by a different actress, which was great since if I jumped into the car mid-chapter, it was easy to remember whose chapter I was in the middle of listening to). Plus, the storyline of the book was so relevant to what was going on in my life -- I remember Mandy talking about feeling the baby kick, and being 38 weeks pregnant and I was just going "Yes, yes, yes -- I totally know how you're feeling!" Plus, the relationships between all of the secondary characters, and the emotional struggles that each character goes through, and everything about this book is just so PERFECT. Sara Zarr has become one of my new favourite writers, and I'm so excited to read another of her books!